The PRSA Central Ohio Chapter is a leader in furthering the development of Columbus’ public relations professionals. Founded in 1950 as the first society chapter in Ohio, we serve more than 250 members in our region in the agency, corporate, government and non-profit sectors. Founded as the “Columbus PRSA Chapter,” we changed our name in 1960 to the “PRSA Central Ohio” to better reflect our regional focus. From the beginning, our chapter has been a leader and innovator in the public relations industry:
In 1958, we elected as our chapter president Ivy V. Farley, the first woman in the country to hold such a spot.
In 1961, we were the first chapter to present Outstanding Citizen, Distinguished Practitioner and Rookie-of-the-Year awards.
In 1965, we had the most members (six) accredited in Ohio when PRSA announced its first list of accredited members.
In 1968, we became the host for Ohio’s first PRSSA Chapter (at The Ohio State University). We now support seven PRSSA chapters.
The Central Ohio Chapter won the 1976 PRSA National Chapter Banner Award.
We held our first professional development conference in 1951, and professional development remains a cornerstone of our chapter. We host regular luncheons, Masters events, webinars and other professional development events to help our members sharpen their skills while building valuable relationships with others in our industry.
Central Ohio PRSA is affiliated with the East Central District of PRSA.
Mission & Vision
Our mission and vision statements encourage our leadership team and committee chairs to advance the public relations profession, while the Bylaws govern the activities of the organization.
To empower a diverse and inclusive community of members to drive strategic outcomes within their organizations by:
Promoting ethical practice
Building dynamic relationships
Providing growth opportunities and
To be a leading PRSA chapter that embodies the values and ethics of the profession.