A Letter from Central Ohio PRSA’s 2021 President by Diane Hurd, vice president, Inspire PR Group
Greetings, Central Ohio PRSA Members:
I am honored and grateful to serve as your 2021 president. For more than a decade, I have actively served PRSA in various roles – both on the committee level and through Board service.
I want to thank Katie Thomas, APR, for her incredible leadership in 2020, along with our dedicated Board members and volunteers. Despite the extraordinary challenges faced, we quickly pivoted to continue offering relevant virtual programming, raised awareness and built upon our diversity and inclusion initiatives, celebrated successes, awarded scholarships to aspiring PR professionals, among many other accomplishments.
As we look forward in 2021, we have a renewed opportunity to make forward progress. The chapter’s Board of Directors and committee members have already been working hard and have many exciting plans for the year, including:
- Enhancing chapter communications through redesigning our website and newsletter
- Continuing to focus on diversity and inclusion programming led by Diversity & Inclusion Officer Shanikka Flinn
- Providing dynamic monthly programming focusing on trends, relevant topics, and case studies geared toward all career levels
- Executing a professional development conference in late summer
- Celebrating our successes through an annual awards ceremony
- Hosting an APR Boot Camp to guide candidates through the process of achieving an accreditation in public relations
- Exploring and implementing innovative ways to host networking opportunities for our members
- Supporting the next generation of PR professionals through programming and scholarships
I encourage you to reach out to me with ideas, questions and opportunities to help the betterment of our organization. I am looking forward to working with you in the coming year and hope to see you at a virtual event soon!
Diane Hurd is vice president of Inspire PR Group, a full-service public relations and digital firm that serves as a trusted partner to valued clients including nationally recognized brands, businesses, trade associations and non-profits. She currently serves as president of PRSA Central Ohio, is a Board member for the Columbus Speech and Hearing Center, and an alum of the 2020 Leadership Columbus class. When she isn't chasing after her three boys, Diane enjoys volunteering with local community organizations and finding her next marathon to run.